TELAKU KAREN OF LAYTONGKU: by PALUKIWA

 Over the time from May 2017 to March 2020 under the name: PALUKIWA I created a Wkipedia article called LAYTONGKU. largely a geographic account covering a remote Animist village on the Burma/Thailand border in the Dawna Mountains.  You will find it as: LAYTONGKU Wikipedia.

Additionally I was working on the DRAFT:TELAKU KAREN OF LAYTONGKU which I kept editing and expanding delaying publishing since I had previous experience with Wikipedia administrators severely editing my work and therefore I didn't want it altered or destroyed since my greater intent was to print it out and submit it to the SIAM SOCIETY for publication as they were expecting it.

After 1 Febriary 2021 the internet in Yangon, where I am living, was interrupted and since I hadn't made any edits or additions over several months I lost access to the DRAFT.  Believing, as Wikipedia claimed, my Draft would automatically be deleted, erased including all my photos attached if no edit was made in 6'months, however, someone on Wiki saved it exactly as I wrote it and placed it on: "Everybody, Wiki" and with all my photos both are on Wikipedia under LAYTONGKU and now on Everybody.wiki intact.

I point this out since my written work: TELAKU KAREN OF LAYTONGKU is a very unique up to date account and explanation of this singularly unique and rare Animist hill tribe for scholars interested in all the ramifications and historic details of this particular faith and how it inspired modern religion as we know it today.

My knowledge is first hand since I lived in the village in the home of PAWA, MOA, TADU 12, PAKLA 10, & LUPI 8 years old, one of the Telaku Karen families over two winters 6 months, abiding by their way of life as the I was the oldest villager and the only westerner ever allowed to do so.  I was given the name Pa Luki Wa.  Pa, in S'gaw Karen meaning Father, my personal name Luki and Wa husband, only as honorary since I was not married.

I have created this blog so it will be known that Tzaims Luksus is Palukiwa and that I wrote:  TELAKU KAREN OF LAYTONGKU.

As a last note I wish to dedicate this written work to DR. LUCIEN MASON HANKS, psychologist and Anthropologist having written several books on native culture especially in Burma and Thailand and also a member of the SIAM SOCIETY and close friend of the late King of Thailand when the present King was a little boy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STORY OF AR

MIRIAM KELLOGG FREDENTHAL & TZAIMS LUKSUS